Tenley WinterFest 2020 begins November 27, with festive events, activities and specials around the neighborhood all week. We are looking forward to seeing vendors at the Winter Market at Janney Elementary on Saturday December 5th!
This year’s market will include nearly 100 vendors selling everything from homemade crafts and baked goods, to holiday décor and boutique jewelry. We expect many visitors to the school throughout the day to shop, eat, and enjoy the live music and festivities. We look forward to having you be a part of the day.
The Janney building will be open for vendor set up on Saturday, December 5th beginning at 10:30am. All tables should be set up and ready for business at 11:45am and must remain open until 4:00pm unless you have made special arrangements (the market runs from 12-4pm). Please make every effort to disassemble your table display promptly after the market closes to allow our volunteers to begin cleaning the space.
There will be WinterFest volunteers and signs posted next to the gym and cafeteria doors on Saturday morning to help you find your table (look for the WinterFest t-shirts!). If you have never been to Janney before, come in through the main entrance on Albemarle Street. An alternative to the main entrance for delivering large items is to come in through the back alley that connects to Yuma Street (behind St. Ann’s church). If you choose to unload your items here, please do so quickly and then move your vehicle so others may park.
Long-term parking is not available on school grounds. Pay-to-park garages are located within one block of the school at Whole Foods, 4530 40th St., and at Cityline at Tenley, 4500 Wisconsin Ave (entrance to parking on River Road).
A few reminders:
- Due to a large number of allergies in our community, any product containing nuts must be wrapped and clearly labeled. No nut products may be prepared on site at the market.
- Tables come with seating (two chairs for a full table or built-in benches, in the case of cafeteria tables). Vendors should bring their own table coverings.
- We hope you are pleased with your table placement; unfortunately, we cannot accommodate requests to move or switch tables on Saturday.
- If you requested access to an electrical outlet, please remember to bring your own extension cord and power strip. Also, please note that the building’s electrical infrastructure does not allow for multiple appliances to operate on a single outlet, so plan accordingly.
- Bring plenty of change and a system for storing cash, and keep an eye on your table during the market. Neither Tenleytown Main Street, the Janney PTA, nor the school is responsible for lost or missing cash or merchandise.
- Note, vendors must have tangible goods to sell that can be displayed at their tables or services that are provided at the market itself (e.g. henna). All sales and services must take place directly at your table and not in the other areas of the market.
- We welcome vendors offering lunch and other savory items – we tend to have lots of hungry shoppers! As always, the WinterFest committee will be offering coffee and hot chocolate at the Information Table, and many students will be offering baked goods for sale at their individual tables.
- Special student table pricing is available to all elementary, middle, high school, and college-age students.
If you have additional questions about the Winter Market, please email the Market committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Other Tenley WinterFest inquiries can be directed to email@example.com.